View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 01:26 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Interesting theory, considering that a good 90% of the anti-Howson group is convinced that this team is in much worse shape in every way than the day that he took over.
During the middle of the season, they had a point too. They had high priced, under performing talent.

The Jackets had a team that didn't like each other, no high end prospects in the minors, and no cap room.

Getting rid of Carter and Nash certainly have helped both of those problems, but the problems were there. I think the way that Howson is heading now is a good one, but he definitely had some on the job training there. He tried to force our team to be a fast moving scoring team and put all the assets into forwards.

I much prefer the direction the Jackets are moving now, although there is certainly more work to be done. Davidson will help tremendously in shaping the organization and providing leadership for Howson. Howson now has tremendous assets around him to use at any point with Patrick and Davidson.

I'm willing to give Howson one more chance at this, but he is on his last strike. If the team he is building now is not a playoff team in 2 years, then he should be fired on the day after the 2014 season...provided the NHL is still in business, I suppose.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline   Reply With Quote