Old
10-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Luiginho
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Say I want to play as the Impact ?

And turn Canada into a power house, I can do that by scoutin young Canadians and putting money into the youth squad ?
It'll be hard to turn Canada into a powerhouse. The game is as realistic as you can imagine from a simulator. You will find better talent from tradional soccer countries like brazil or europe.

However you can contribute producing young canadian talent by investing in the academy. Sometimes you can recruit a young guy from outside and after 5 years let's say he gets his canadian citizenship and decides he wants to play for Canada.

However, the board doesnt always agree to invest money in the academy. I tried in my first season with the impact to request fund to have better facility for youth development but Joey Saputo refused. But I made the request after I signed Malouda to a 6 million a year DP contract, so he could have accepted if I didnt spend the money on a player.

By the way the Montreal Impact board would allow you to scout only in north and central america. You wont be able to ask your scout to fin young players in europe. I think it's the case for all MLS teams.

Luiginho is offline   Reply With Quote