View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 03:51 PM
EVZUG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Hey Swiss league watchers, during the last lockout I saw two really good Swiss players I thought could be NHLers.
Reto Berra and Dario Burglar (SP)

What do you think of them? Berra looked like a Luongo type in goal and Burglar seemed to have a sniper's game.
Berra is quite a good goalkeeper, even if his save percentage is not above average. But, he is a good swiss goal keeper for sure, that is why many teams in switzerland are interested in signing him, especially Zug (the team with brunner, zetterberg etc. but with very bad goal keepers and defense.)

Dario Bürgler: He was a junior of EV Zug, with not many points, but everyone was saying that he is very talented. Then, in 2007, he has been traded to HC Davos, where he was quite strong (as expected) in the first three seasons. However, he did not score as much as some experts have expected him to do. Next season, he was injured for a long time. And in the last year and this season, he has about 0.8 pts. per game. He is a very strong player and a good sniper. But his feeling for the game is (in my eyes) not very good and his passes are not above average. To sum up: I think that there are for sure some better swiss players compared to him. For sure, he is stronger in physics than Damien Brunner, but a lot weaker regarding everything else...

EVZUG is offline   Reply With Quote