View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 03:51 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
sigh... hes a kid playing with 35 year olds and everyone expects him to be sidney crosby all of a sudden

its really too bad.

i didnt know he was drafted 1st overall or something and that he needs to score 50 goals in the SEL for people to think hes a "good prospect"

you'll learn one day, not to judge prospects on stats and numbers alone and realize the very fact he WAS on a SEL team at such a young age is considered impressive in its own right for any prospect at all

if he HAD scored 20 goals in 40 games ....you honestly think he would of fallen to 33 for us? i for one am thanking god he did.

Edit : him being "demoted" to tier 2 is honestly the best news i could of ever hoped for for him, im honestly thrilled, and id wager that he is too
He's always dominated his age group and when thrust into the SEL he was never really given a good opportunity to perform, as evidenced by his limited role/line mates and ice-time. He recently had an increased role, and it's where his 2 assists came from.

He has world-class skill. He has 70pt NHL upside. People need to calm down and let the kid develop. Pacioretty was considered a lost cause by so many until his breakout in the A at the beginning of 2010. He didn't make his mark in the NHL until 22/23. Some people *NEVER* learn.