View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 04:01 PM
david999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I think the asking price should be around Gardiner and a 1st.

I also think the Leafs need to decide if they want to make a run for the playoffs/shot at the Cup this year or next year, or if you prefer to miss the playoffs but accumulate more high draft picks and draft potential future cornerstones of your organization. Either direction isn't a bad move, but would drastically alter your position when discussing trades.
Canucks fans are out of there minds if they believe Toronto would trade Gardner and a 1st in any deal other than for a superstar center. That is how highly they covet both assets. Why would a goalie with maybe 3 decent years left, who is not wanted any more in Vancouver, has a tough long term contract,
could not win a cup despite having a very strong team in front of him, and would prefer to play in the outskirts of Florida, command such a bounty from the Leafs? My guess is that Gillis will either have to accept much less to move him to Florida, or just keep him until Luongo demands to be traded to anybody from a list of 5 or 6 teams like Rick Nash finally did