View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 05:36 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I'll have to side with BigG on this one. Just don't see a spot in the top 9 in CP for him (especially if Glennie sticks and once Sceviour's back).
Piqued and others feel though that prior to Glennie and Sceviour coming back he could have been in over Vause, Roussel, and Hedden.

That's where I think the major divide is. It seems to come down to whether you play the best players (people who earned ice time) or play your prospects, and I don't have an issue with players being forced to earn their role. I also trust 100 degree hockey when he mentioned that A. Smith just wasn't as good as some other players in the pre-season ... which to me does matter.

I get people's frustration with Morin, Petersen, and Wathier in the mix since they clearly aren't being signed for development reasons. They are veteran leadership. It's clearly Dallas' philosophy to go with the prospect/veteran mix so you're just banging your head against the wall if you are bemoaning that move by Dallas/Texas. Every AHL team looks for that type of balance.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote