View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 05:39 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
I love this "Rangers territory" mentality since it makes me giggle.
I had a game on my PC a while back called "Rise of Nations" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_Nations
It is a real time strategy game. If I were to enter the bad guy's land, I encounter "attrition damage." My troops and vehicles would slowly lose hit points/health unless I had a supply wagon with me.

Yes, while NYC/Brooklyn is more Ranger friendly, it doesn't mean the Isles will "lose hit points/health" or start the game one goal down. (Maybe 1 minute into the game, they'll be one goal down, but that is a different story.)

What demonstrative harm will happen to the Isles by playing in "Ranger territory"?

Really? Evey single person in that more population is already a Ranger fan? I wish I knew how that worked!

All the petty bickering about if Brooklyn is or isn't on the Island is arguing about semantics. When I was in Australia I had a hamburger. It was ham, not beef. (It sure was odd!) But, who has that wrong? Who has that right? Well, down on the menu was a portion for "beefburgers"...so...there's that!
IMO it's really not about the harm it will do to the islanders organization since they couldn't be doing worse than they already are. It is more about the fact that to move your team away from where the majority of your fan base resides to an area that is predominantly Rangers fans is a high risk move. The point was you already had trouble trying to get islanders fans to the coliseum every night in area that is pretty accessible and where the tickets have been cheap. Now you expect those same fans to hop on a train or get in their car to travel further and pay a lot more? It is going to be extremely tough. That brooklyn area is predominantly rangers fans because of its location in relation to MSG. Plus it is more of a city like mentality in that area, making it more fitting to be a rangers fan (now this is prior to the islanders moving there). Our point was and is that you are not going to see a lot of islanders fans make that commute nor are there going to be islanders fans sprouting up out of the ground in brooklyn to attend games.