View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
See, I just don't think that's how they'd let it play out in real life. They had eyes on him constantly and it was only a matter of time before they got ears in his office. They'd have watched him for patterns to develop and try to track him back to his handler, instead of confronting him after a day or two.

And it drove me bat-**** crazy that when they did their 'brown' profiling, they didn't note the actual handler, who he took off to some corner in the Rayburn Building to talk to privately. You note the random cab driver, but not the person that he might actually see regularly? Come on.

While I guess to whole double-agent thing could be cool, it's been done (Traitor with Don Cheadle is one example). What made this show so intriguing was the unique plot.
I agree. Except the "brown" thing. I think it would have been more interesting to let the Walden-Brody storyline play out more too. I don't think re-turning Brody would be a good direction, but I guess it depends how it's done. The show has been unpredictable enough so far that maybe it could be done interestingly. I've thought since the first season that the best way for the show to continue is to settle the Brody plot and then cut him out of the show, instead of trying too hard to write the story around him and inevitably letting the show become ridiculous. Obviously that's quite unlikely since he's cast as a starring character, but I think the best approach would be to make the show about Carrie and change the storylines before they get stale.