View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 07:18 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
I've considered him a candidate to be tossed in a trade package for more than a year now, so I'm not worried. I went to nearly every game at Blue Cross down the stretch last year, and he played some of the most uninspired, awful hockey imaginable. It wasn't so much about the lack of production as the lack of heart, effort, and fundamentals. He could still make the NHL (if not here, elsewhere), but it's going to be at bottom six LW. Once you lower the expectations that he will be a difference maker to that he may be serviceable, it's much easier.
I do that for every single prospect no matter what hype they have when they get drafted. The problem stems from a healthy portion of fans don't do that and have fantasy high expectations due to draft position and/or production in a minor/junior league.

Low expectations ... Low disappointment

As an example, I expected Biron to be a decent NHL goalie. Well, for a handful of years he was more than just decent. Overall I wasn't disappointed with Biron in an NHL environment. The same can be said for Pominville. I just thought he'd be a decent player. Overall, I think he's more than just decent.

With Luke Adam, I was pleased he did well in the beginning of last season. And it was unfortunate he tailed off, but certainly not shocked. I expect him to be the new Mark Mancari. He'll float in and out of the AHL and NHL throughout his career. If he steps it up and finds a long term place on an NHL club, I'll be surprised and happy for him. Maybe he'll have a Tyler Pyatt type of career

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote