View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 07:19 PM
SB164

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I've been reading the reviews for Skyfall, can't see a franchise movie like that winning a best picture but from the sounds of it, it might take home a best supporting actor (Early reviews say Javier Bardem's Silva is the best Bond villain of all time) and a Cinematography award.
Unless Phillip Seymour Hoffman is in the Best Supporting Actor category, it's looking like Tommy Lee Jones may just win it for Lincoln.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Has anybody has mentioned Killing Them Softly yet? Don't know much about it except that Brad Pitt plays a low life hitman in movie directed by Andrew Dominik, and they worked together on The Assassination of Jesse James.... Despite glowing reviews out of Cannes, the movie isn't attracting a whole lot of buzz, but I have to think that the film and, especially, Pitt could conceivably be real sleepers for nominations. Working with that director, it just seems like a pitch Pitt could hit out of the park.
I'm glad you mention it, because I've been looking forward to it as well. Brad Pitt is on quite a creative streak recently (he's never exactly been box-office gold though). However, often times when so many talented actors get together to create a "super-cast", what happens is that none of them actually end up with a nomination. According to a few reviewers though, this is apparently Brad Pitt's best recent work.

Nonetheless, I'm also excited to see the work of cinematographer Greg Frieser, who's previously worked with Jane Campion on Bright Star, if you haven't seen it yet, please do watch it.

Oh, and is anyone else hoping that Jonny Greenwood wins Best Score?

Last edited by SB164: 10-24-2012 at 07:43 PM.
SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote