View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Thanks for the mention of Poweramp. I looked it up and it seems, from the list of features, that it optionally supports music browsing by folders, which is huge for me, since I don't like all music being consolidated into a single mess of a library (especially messy when your tags are incomplete or not quite right).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209 View Post
The iPad mini - with a slightly bigger screen (7.85"), a bit thinner and lighter, and significantly more expensive than the N7 - comes out at:

Wi-Fi: $329 (16GB), $429 (32GB) and $529 (64GB).
4G/LTE: $459 (16GB), $559 (32GB), $659 (64GB).

A $130 premium over the N7 for 16GB and a $180 one for 32GB.
Yeah, the iPad Mini's pricing further justifies not lowering the Nexus 7's pricing at all. If the iPad Mini were closer in price, you might see Google undercut themselves, even at a loss, to keep it more attractive, but Apple's pricing is high enough that that isn't necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Ohh and for anyone who wonder's how "bad" tablets apps are on Android.

http://www.***********/r/Android/comm..._apps_for_the/
I've tried a lot of apps on a 10" Android tablet and the only ones that didn't look quite right were a few cheap rush-job apps, like for the local newspaper and airport. Even then, it was mostly just the cover screen that looked bad, because it wasn't designed to be stretched like that. Nearly all of the actual content in the apps scales without stretching.

So, I, too, don't really know what people are talking about when they claim that there are few tablet apps on Android. I think that what they're probably doing is thinking of it like the Apple ecosystem, where apps have had to have separate iPad versions (as I understand it). You don't have many tablet-only Android versions of apps because the regular apps are easily tweaked to support and look good on both phones and tablets.

Last edited by Osprey: 10-24-2012 at 09:18 PM.