View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiabluejacket View Post
Pretty much what I was going with as well. NOt sure what teams would be factors for him(as I only watch maybe 3 CHL games a year) but could you imagine a D-line of Jones, Pouliot, & Murray in Portland? It'd be like to Avs in 2001 where U got 3 defenseman playing 30 minutes a night and the other 3 playing like 7.
Truth be told, once you factor in Troy Rutkowski, Tyler Wotherspoon, and Josh Hanson, alongside Pouliot and Jones, the Hawks have probably the best top-5 in the CHL. They don't really have a need for Murray, nor could I see them pony up that kind of assets when they'll be on the major decline after this year (no less than 4 of those defensemen will be moving on, as well as Ty Rattie, starting goalie Mac Carruth, and a good chunk of their forwards).

After struggling through 3 dismal last place finishes in the WHL, I don't see them dealing away a handful of young assets for one playoff push. I could be wrong, though.

My bet is an Eastern Conference team making a push at him. He's from Saskatchewan, and with Saskatoon being the host team for the Memorial Cup this year, there's a succinct possibility that they take a good look at him. That might be a bit muddled as well though, as the Blades did blow their wad in trading for Brayden Schenn two years ago (just after the Cody Eakin trade), giving up HUGE assets in bringing in a hometown player. The host team always wants to put together a team capable of winning, and the Blades have shown early on that poor results won't be accepted, as they've already made a handful of trades through the early part of the season.

It's a long season, and either way I think it's great that he's developing while playing big, important minutes. There would be nothing worse than watching him either sit on the bench or in the press box in the NHL, if you ask me.