View Single Post
Old
10-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Fulcrum

vCash: 500
I think the MAIN strategy behind inviting the best is because the Tournament will be played in Russia and to build chemistry. Winning it, at almost any cost, is very important. That is why all the KHL clubs are willing to let go of their regulars, the league is supporting the U20 team and letting the coaches the freedom to do whatever they want. Last year, for example, most KHL'ers weren't bothered.

Actually I don't have concerns over the choices of KHL/VHL players. VHL players get good to great playing time(Shenfeld, Shalunov, Nichushkin and so on...), and the KHL players are mostly regulars and also get good time (Kosov, Zhafyarov, Khokhlochev). I think the shape should be good. Guys like Kosov would be in even better shape than CHL'ers, since they are used to playing against men. MHL'ers are obviously getting good time too.

I am a bit worried about CHLers targetting Yakupov and other key players, or at least shadowing him too much. They could get injured in a rather meaningless tournament

Good thing is that there are guys like Kosov, Dyblenko, Yakimov who can easily stand up for their teammates.

There aren't any real KHL bench warmers on this team.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote