Thread: Extend him?
View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 12:07 AM
anderson3133

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
So a players prime is only the year of his career high.

A "prime" is one year long?
Do the years after a players career high count as their prime? Because, according to your definition "the most flourishing stage", if they get LESS than their most flourishing stage, they are not in their prime.

So Iginla getting the most goals of his career in his 6th nhl season is not "in his prime" because he scored more "points" later in his career.

Fascinating.

Joe Thornton's 100 point season didn't even happen in his prime.
Interesting.

Hossa got 82 points in his 6th season. He only passed that number TWICE. I guess those 2 years are his prime. Not his 3rd best season.
Clearly not his prime.
It's all so interesting...

It's funny, because these players are EXCEPTIONS rather than RULES as players that were late bloomers.

And they were STILL all in their primes by their 7th nhl season.
You've been proven wrong, so I suspect spin as your response.

Ha.
This is fun.
It's during. I don't know how you don't get such a very simple concept. Not to mention, you keep changing the criteria in each analysis.

Do you look at the data I presented earlier and go "hmm, I would much rather the pre 7th season stats to those of the post 7th season stats"?

Do you sit here and say "yeah, I would much rather Thornton's 101 point season, 73 point season, and 71 point season to his 114 point season, 96 point season, and his 92 point season"?