View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 02:38 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakawaka View Post
If I was a young, ultra rich, super successful athlete i'd much rather live in brooklyn/manhattan/queens than Nassau. Just my opinion haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I'm not sure how much having a NEW arena will help the Isles recruit players, but I can guarantee that being in Brooklyn will most definitely help in that regards. Nassau isn't exactly big-city-bright-lights.

Being located in Brooklyn will be the big plus for the Isles to use as a recruiting tool: they're out of deep suburbia and into the heart of NYC. For any player who loves the nightlife & amenities that one of the most exciting cities in the world can offer, the Isles just IMMEDIATELY became a very tantalizing destination. The arena is secondary, IMO. The LOCATION is massive.

Just curious, but what makes you think the Players that want that already don't live downtown and take the train out to Long Island to begin with?

Sure they will be closer, but it isn't like they could not have already been living outside of right next to the arena. Most of the Wings live upwards of at least 20 to 30 minutes commute from the Joe Louis.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote