View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

vCash: 500
I am very glad to be in this position to play devil's advocate. It'll get some conversations started

http://hockeyprospecthandbook.blogsp...eat-kings.html
Quote:
- Ryan Pulock (Brandon Wheat Kings) - Is he smart or what? His hockey sense is off the charts IMO but I don't agree with some descriptions calling Pulock an offensive defenseman. Albeit it was just one game, but I didn't see a guy who could take charge offensively, but what I did see was a guy who didn't make a single mistake, make all the right passes (and strong, accurate ones as well) and was just very good in all aspects in his game. IMO he's more of a two-way defenseman. Not sure if he can develop into a #1 guy but I think he will be a very good #2. The difference? In my opinion, #1 guys can change the pace of the game, #2 guys can't but do everything else great. That is how I see Pulock.
I really don't see him as an offensive defenseman. To me, he is super smart and poised, he is a great two-way defenseman. But, while he makes the right choices and is mistake free in his game, I didn't see him really control the game.

This is something I find hard to explain yet I think separates #1 d-men to #2 guys. The ability to ... control the flow of the play and to really dictate the play. I didn't see that with Pulock.

With that plus my concerns about his limited physical growth (I'm not sure he will grow anymore), I have doubts that he will be a top 10 pick. I think he would be a good pick from 10-15 because of his overall good mobility, elite hockey sense, and great two-way play.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote