View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 08:14 AM
GordonHowe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfort Eagle View Post
I couldn't disagree more!! I think they have some of the best uniforms in the league. The third jersey from last year is a little strange, but the rest are just plain awesome! The simple outline of the island, and the hockey stick is just great, and I love the colors. I would put them in the top ten personally.

Great move going to Brooklyn, but the arena was made for basketball, so maybe not the best setup for a hockey rink. The NCC is a bit of a dump, but the place has pretty good atmosphere when the team is good, and reminds me of the old Garden with the distance of the seats from the ice.
For an expansion team, the original sweaters are fine. And their mystique is enhanced by four Cups. I remember how great those teams were, and respect the jersey for that reason. Heck, even Avalanche j's look better in light of a Cup or two. Understand, too, "all the good colors" had been taken by then.

If you really want to go after the Isles, look no further than the Gorton Fisherman experiment. That was California Golden Seals territory, sans the white skates.

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote