View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 08:56 AM
enviro61

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Aki Berg View Post
No, the reality is that they're selling football, regardless of the name. They could be called the Ottawa Polished Turds - it's still football. The people who decide to support the CFL contingent on the name being "fun" are the same breed of idiots you see posting on Facebook on Christmas morning, griping about how sad they are that they got the black iPhone instead of the white iPhone. The people who are more concerned with vanity and appearance than actual substance need not be considered nor catered to.

The Senators have a 'historical' name too. How many kids do you see at games who are bored because the name wasn't fun enough for them? How many times in the last 20 years have you heard someone say "Gosh, I'd like to see a hockey game, but with a name like Senators, there's no way I'd enjoy myself"
Totally disagree. The people who want to see a football game will go whether they are called the Ottawa Turds or the Ottawa Highlanders or Ottawa Demonslayers. You don't need to market the game to these people because they love the game regardless of the team name, pretty logos or its ability to win a cup every year.

To grow the game and attract the casual fan and family you need to market the whole product, name logo etc and make it fun. You may not like it but that is the truth and to ignore that would be financially stupid and you would lose your job asap.