View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 10:20 AM
Cursed Lemon
Registered Bruiser

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
I apparently suck at finding information about equipment (need new skates)

So, I'm in the market for some new skates. I'm currently running on some 8-year-old CCM Vector Pros (<3 <3 <3 <3 these skates), and the rivets are coming out of the bottom. The cost of getting all the rivets replaced at this point is more than the skates are worth, so I figure it's time to go in for a new pair.

I've been trying to find some detailed information on the skates available from Bauer, Easton, CCM, Graf, etc. but I think I'm just fairly inept at finding these things out, or I don't know where to look for that information. For instance, I want to know what the weight of my Vector Pros are, so that I can compare it to prospective skates that I want to look at (mostly as a reference, since I'm curious how much skates have actually improved since I was in high school).

I'm looking to spend right around 300$, does anyone have any recommendations for skates in that range that they've found to be really reliable?

Cursed Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote