View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 09:56 AM
htpwn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Tigers View Post
I didn't say Golden Horseshoe. I said southern Ontario which includes Guelph, K-W, London, Brantford etc (all outside the GH) as well as the GTA itself.
Does it really matter? The Greater Toronto Area has a population of 6 million, the rest of Ontario has a population of 6.7 million. There's significantly more people living east of Hamilton than there is west of it, meaning it cannot be the centre of population.

Quote:
Draw a circle of a 50 mile or so radius (NHL territory) around Hamilton and how many millions would that include?
Just under 7.2 million by my (rough) calculations. It probably is a little less as a 1/3 of Scarborough is not within the 50-mile mark but I decided to be generous and count all of Toronto.

By comparison, there's 7.7 million people living within a 50-mile radius of Mississauga.

Quote:
It's why the NHL's own experts said in court during the Coyotes bankruptcy proceedings that any Hamilton team would be the fifth highest revenue generator in the NHL

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/693658
I read those documents from the BK case. If I remember correctly, it said a second team in Southern Ontario is projected to be top 5 in revenue, not Hamilton specifically.

I could be wrong though.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote