View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 10:50 AM
geowild
Mostly Harmless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Krypton View Post
The quality of AHL Live is pretty crappy overall, and the Aeros home games are probably the worst of the bunch, since they have a 480 x 260 widescreen image letterboxed within the 480 x 360 stream.
So the vertical resolution is 260 pixels of hockey, plus 100 pixels of solid green bars (top and bottom) with some graphics.
Well, at least the aspect ratio, altough letterboxed, is correct.

If you're looking to buy individual games and want the best quality available, I would recommend the Aeros @ Stars games.
The Texas Stars use a different interface for their streams, more akin to NHL GameCenter Live, with a 960 x 540 widescreen format and a higher bitrate.
So it's really three times the resolution of most other AHL Live games.
Sadly, it's a 4:3 image stretched out to a 16:9 format, which could be annoying, but it's the best quality you'll get on AHL Live.
(That same higher-resolution interface is also used by the Hershey Bears in the East, and I think Abbotsford used it once last season, but the Stars are the only ones using it consistently in the West.)
Yeah, saw that Texas feed last weekend. That was actually pretty good. I think I'd be happy breaking out the laptop (which has an HDMI out) next time the Aeros play there to send it to my big screen.

geowild is offline   Reply With Quote