View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 12:36 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Obviously winning solves everything, but the state of the franchise has to be a factor. No one wants to sign a long term deal only to move their family across North America half way through the deal.
The move to Brooklyn brings long needed stability to the franchise, that's what was accomplished with yesterday's announcement.

Wang has money, we all know that. I wasn't happy about it, but I understood why he was keeping costs as low as possible for the last couple of years. I'd like to think that now that is settled, he will unlock the piggy bank and actually spend like an NHL franchise should. He doesn't have that excuse anymore so I'm guardedly optimistic that he will do just that.

The Isles are filled with young and mostly undeveloped talent, but there is quite a deal of potential there. It's up to the organization to develop them and put them in a position to succeed. One key facet is to bring in some veterans to help in their development. That really hasn't happened so far, but now the Isles have a sales pitch to FA's that is on equal footing with the other teams around the league. It'll still take progress and consistent winning by the product on the ice to lure the big name players, but at least we have an equal chance with the 2nd tier players. Hopefully the move means that we've seen the last of the Rolstons, Pandolfo's, Staios, etc. - one year stop gaps to clear the cap floor and placeholders who have little left in the tank. Instead we'll see 2nd tier players that can actually HELP the team for longer than 1 season.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote