View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 11:41 AM
UnrealMachine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Anything is possible, but if people have that mindset, it just creates another Tangradi situation.

His skating is worrisome and I've been beating that drum for awhile. It is more than just his edging, stride, stops, starts, etc. His balance on his skates has to improve dramatically to not only stick in the NHL, but to make a big impact. He has to learn how to use leverage to his advantage agt AHL caliber blueliners, then the learning curve goes up several notches agt NHL blueliners.

Sometimes players progress rapidly, but I'm not sure BB is going to be that way. Anyone hoping for a big impact at the NHL level in the next cople of yrs, is probably setting themselves up for disappointment.
This is what I was getting at. All of the complements to Bennett are on his hands, hockey IQ, etc. There are players with better hands and better hockey IQ's that never made a significant impact in the NHL because of their skating limitations. Will his skating be good enough to be an effective player at even-strength?