View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 11:47 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
from the tone of this thread, i get the feeling that alot of you guys under estimate how many Islanders fans are IN the city already.

Growing up a mile from the garden, there was alot more than should have been expected. Trust me when I tell you there were ALOT of islanders fans in Hell Kitchen.

Yes, there were more Rangers fans, but it was not an 80/20 split.

I believe you guys are underestimating the actual number of fans in the city that found it problematic to get out to Nassau for games on a regular basis.

What I also see has being dismissed here is that this is now a NYC team. With NYC money available to them in terms of marketing dollars. The off-set in less seats being sold withh be made up for and then some.

Finally, they are going to be an attractive destination for some prime UFA's. The Islandrs played in one of the worst buildings in an area no one really wanted to go to for games. Now? A new building, an up and coming team, an intimate arena that is easily accessible. I have no doubt will sell out regardless of price.

You guys can have your opinions on this, but I believe that they will be more than fine in a 14.5k seat arena for the next 15 years.