View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Anything is possible, but if people have that mindset, it just creates another Tangradi situation.

His skating is worrisome and I've been beating that drum for awhile. It is more than just his edging, stride, stops, starts, etc. His balance on his skates has to improve dramatically to not only stick in the NHL, but to make a big impact. He has to learn how to use leverage to his advantage agt AHL caliber blueliners, then the learning curve goes up several notches agt NHL blueliners.

Sometimes players progress rapidly, but I'm not sure BB is going to be that way. Anyone hoping for a big impact at the NHL level in the next cople of yrs, is probably setting themselves up for disappointment.
I don't think he's going to make a big NHL impact in the next couple years. But I think it's within reason to think he can seriously compete for an NHL job in short order.

Problems only arise when people take projections as gospel. He's talented enough to get a real shot, but he's young and inexperienced enough that he could go either way.