Old
10-25-2012, 01:05 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
oL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I found the " MSG East" always funny, you recognize that most of the NYR fans at NVMC are from Long Island for 3 reasons: 1- they will not go to MSG because of the train or 2- cannot afford a ticket to MSG. 3- easy to get to than MSG.

Please note, when the Islanders were rocking (hasn't been for a long time ) we have taken over MSG.

. Now realize that a lot of NYI fans work in NYC and can never make a game during the week now they can. ( Not that it is the main reason the NYI have been killed on attendance for the last 8 years) You will have the most NYI season ticket holders in a long time. *** If the team does not perform well in the first 2 years, that will drop.

The only thing I will not like is the corporate seats which IMO kills MSG and TO due to non-fans taking up seats.

With BK, its an open territory, you have the NYR fans yes... but you will have new hockey fans. Brooklyn has been building up for years. Alot of people are not from NY.or hockey fans..Brooklyn will support Brooklyn.

Tell you right now, I have friends who live in BK and will be NYI fans. With the new arena, you are going to have a lot of NYI fans come back to attend games. Along with the additional increase in season ticket holders.

We will have bigger sponsorships, Wang will spend more money***(supposedly) and FA's will want to come to BK... The Islanders will have a good lease opposed to having the worst lease in professional sports

. The arena is great and has already been hurting MSG, renovations @ MSG still will not compare with the Barclays except capacity and if you think the walkway above the ice will be a good idea ..give that a few years.

Once they expand it,( inside renovations) probably by 2015, it will fit close to 15,500 and they are going to work on the upper deck obstructions.

I live in Babylon Village and NVMC is a 20 minute drive from me but I rather take the train to BK to see the game. Along of NYI fan are along the same line. I will remain being a season ticket holder.I can get to BK now faster than MSG. Brooklyn is only 20 miles away from NVMC

We did move away from "out east" suffolk fan base but that we will have just increased our fanbase tremendously by the time we play in BK with new fans and old fans coming back

IMO, a NYR fan best hope was for NYI to stay in Nassau County.
You seriously believe the Islanders or Barclay's is any sort of threat to the Rangers and MSG? Are you delusional?

The Barclay's has "already hurt MSG"? MSG hasn't been open since the Barclay's opened. MSG is undergoing renovations. The arena is going to be one of the most modern facilities in the league. Larger capacity. Has the history. Is in the middle of Manhattan.

Best hope?

Get back to us when you're little team survives 86+ years, four major wars, three of which included drafts and slews of NHL players serving, economic disasters, several lockouts, ran another local team out of existence, and dominates the local market.

You think your the new dog in town or something? New tiny arena, same old garbage Islanders.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 10-25-2012 at 01:46 PM.