View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
This is what I was getting at. All of the complements to Bennett are on his hands, hockey IQ, etc. There are players with better hands and better hockey IQ's that never made a significant impact in the NHL because of their skating limitations. Will his skating be good enough to be an effective player at even-strength?
I'm worried about his skating, but that doesn't mean he can't improve and that ppl should be giving up on him yet.

I preach the same thing over and over with prospects... Be patient.

Unless its Morrow, because he is sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
I don't think he's going to make a big NHL impact in the next couple years. But I think it's within reason to think he can seriously compete for an NHL job in short order.

Problems only arise when people take projections as gospel. He's talented enough to get a real shot, but he's young and inexperienced enough that he could go either way.
Well, if he plays decent, there aren't any good fwd prospects he will have to leap frog to get a shot. Lets be honest. It's Tangradi, who will be with the big club, and BB. That's it.

Who knows how BB will mesh with pro players. I thought King was a below avg AHLer, then he lit it up for LA.

Despres looks a lot better in the NHL than the A. Sometimes playing with NHLers makes your job easier and things just click for you.