View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 01:27 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Interesting... I have no idea how the ratings have been the last 5 or so years, but I've gotten the vibe the MLB has decreased in popularity. Did a quick search on the ratings, looking for something by the year, but all I can find are WS ratings... I want to know how the regular season ratings have been.

With the new contract, did the broadcasting rights have any major changes? Hopefully they ended that FOX Saturday BS.
The ratings have stayed pretty flat, haven't risen really at all but there hasn't been too big a drop. The big thing is that with everyone and their mothers either watching things on DVRs or scrapping cable for Netflix and what not, live sports has become the premier property for networks because that's what the advertisers are most focused on now.

Wasn't too many changes. Regular season is stil ESPN on Mon, Weds, Sun night, Fox on Saturday, TBS on Sunday afternoon. I think ESPN is getting 1 of the Wild Card games. Also, Fox will get a bunch of games on their new national sports network. They are rebranding what is currently SPEED in 2014.