View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Crottenham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
Dude, you sound foolish. I don't care if you're in the KHL, AHL, DEL, this kid disappointed me in junior hockey. This kid was a phenom in AAA, scored 96 goals in 49 games. 96 goals. Do you know how many goals that it? On a Jr. Canadians team that hadn't lost a game in what was it... three or four years? He was the first player drafted into the OHL. The #1 pick into the ONTARIO HOCKEY LEAGUE and you're in the AHL? The #1 pick in the OHL and he didn't do a single thing while he was in the league. This guy should be in the NHlL, instead he got a fat head thinking he was better than everybody else and his stock dropped incredibly. And to get this through your head, the forum that this thread was created in is the ONTARIO HOCKEY LEAGUE. So I'm assuming the creator of this thread is talking about players that have surprised or disappointed people during their OHL careers, no? During McFarlands OHL career he DISAPPOINTED me and lots of other fans after coming in with such high hopes. Next time just take a second and read what the thread is actually about.
As a note, the following OHL first overall picks also have not panned out as far as the NHL is concerned....

Pat Jarret 2000
Patrick O'Sullivan 2001
Robbie Schremp 2002
Patrick McNeil 2003
John Hughes 2004

The only thing being drafted does, whether 1st overall or last, is provide a player with an opportunity.

Crottenham is offline   Reply With Quote