View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
All the memories at the Coliseum that I've had over the years, even bringing my witch ex GF to games with my family But really, I will always love the Coliseum and I'm tearing up a bit thinking about it now.

I would have to say the one thing I loved most about the Coliseum is walking inside and knowing all the history that took place inside of there with the Islanders. It's going to be hard leaving all the history in that building behind, but ultimately it's time to turn a new chapter for this franchise and get out of a building that has been more of a curse and a reminder of the glorious past than anything for a long long time now. I'm excited to hopefully make some history in Barclays and hopefully do it before the Nets do

Other little things:

My section and all the people in it

Honking after the game

How incredibly loud it would get in there after a big goal was scored

Knowing that, no matter how many Rag fans were at the game, it was still our territory

Hanging out outside during intermissions with my parents and waiting in line to piss in the trailer

Our awesome season ticket seats and the great view they provided

I could go on and on but these are some things that came to mind, I'll miss the place to death but I think we all know that this move is for the best.
Every point you made is valid. Except for the one I bolded.

In the last few years especially, I did NOT feel it was our territory when the rags were in the building. When the rags would score and the place erupted it was a horrible, sinking feeling. One that unfortunately will not be cured by a move to Brooklyn.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote