View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 03:29 PM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Given RGIII's age and the state of the team as a whole right now, I definitely wouldn't trade him for Brees or Brady either. Rodgers would be a difficult choice, as we could still get at least 6 or 7 elite seasons out of him, and a couple more years as a quality starting QB after that. But my definition of "best player" doesn't match yours, as I do think Rodgers and Brees and Brady are all better players right now than RGIII. If I had to win this Sunday and didn't care about the future, I'd pick all three before I picked RGIII.
Look the Skins running game didn't just get good out of nowhere and Alfred Morris is no Emmit Smith. The reason its so good is b/c the utter game changing fear RGIII puts on opposing D.

He has played with a healthy #1 reciever for 1 quarter all season and now our only other real threat is out for the year as well. All those guys work with players FAR better than what RGIII has around him.

You put RGIII on any of those teams and their records would be equal or better with him.

I understand Skins fans are trying to be cautiously optomistic. I really do. But this is different.

There is no player in this league that causes more headaches and opposing DCs have to game plan for more than him. Not one. Not Brees, Manning squared, Brady or Rodgers. Did I mention not one of our receivers would start for ANY of those teams? Outside of maybe the Saints our D is far worse than those teams as well.