View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 02:39 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
That's well thought out and everything, but if RG3 continues to lead the league in YPA, how can anyone really criticize his passing game?
A lot of that has to do with the playcalling. While a lot of QBs have incompletions throwing against zone defenses, Griffin has the short passes picking up the 5 yards. Not to mention once in a while, those receivers can turn them upfield for 20 yards or even further, which I'm sure several Redskin receivers have done already.

I'm not sure if the NFL has a statistic like this but if they do I'm sure you know where do get it. Is there an adjusted yards per completion/attempt stat that takes difficulty of throw into consideration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Because apparently he runs too much to be taken seriously. I've actually heard that as an argument. No, I don't understand how that's a criticism either.
It's not that he runs too much, it's the way he runs. He runs as if he has the body of Tebow. I'm not sure if he's aware of how tiny his frame is compared to the rest of the plyers on the field, and although he has toned it down a bit since his concussion, it's just a matter of time before he gets that invincible feeling. I hope he can prove me wrong though because he's a very special player if he can utilize his skills in a safer fashion. I made the comparison earlier, but he's pretty much an improved version of McNabb, and if he can run the way McNabb did instead of the way Vick did, he will have a much more successful career. He will take fewer hits, his legs will last longer, and he will make the players on his team better.