View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
A lot of that has to do with the playcalling. While a lot of QBs have incompletions throwing against zone defenses, Griffin has the short passes picking up the 5 yards. Not to mention once in a while, those receivers can turn them upfield for 20 yards or even further, which I'm sure several Redskin receivers have done already.

I'm not sure if the NFL has a statistic like this but if they do I'm sure you know where do get it. Is there an adjusted yards per completion/attempt stat that takes difficulty of throw into consideration?
I'm not sure, but I don't think it's really relevant.

While Griffin might not be making overly difficult passes, somehow he is finding a way to convert those passes into very efficient gains. I really don't care what the playcalling is, because if a QB is leading the NFL in YPA, he's doing a good job at passing the football.

We can talk all the semantics we want, but if the result is that Griffin is gaining more yards per pass attempt than every other QB, that's what matters.

Now, we'll see if it continues.

EDIT: And YPA on "Air Yards" more or less addresses what you want. http://wp.advancednflstats.com/airYardsStats.php
This measures the QB's passing yards without factoring in YAC. But I don't like this stat that much. It takes away the skill of being able to lead receivers and place the ball properly. Also, there are some funky results. Sanchez and Skelton top six?