View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 02:45 PM
WetHog

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Look the Skins running game didn't just get good out of nowhere and Alfred Morris is no Emmit Smith. The reason its so good is b/c the utter game changing fear RGIII puts on opposing D.

He has played with a healthy #1 reciever for 1 quarter all season and now our only other real threat is out for the year as well. All those guys work with players FAR better than what RGIII has around him.

You put RGIII on any of those teams and their records would be equal or better with him.

I understand Skins fans are trying to be cautiously optomistic. I really do. But this is different.

There is no player in this league that causes more headaches and opposing DCs have to game plan for more than him. Not one. Not Brees, Manning squared, Brady or Rodgers. Did I mention not one of our receivers would start for ANY of those teams? Outside of maybe the Saints our D is far worse than those teams as well.
Couldn't the same be said about OV? First handful of seasons he took the NHL by storm. Last couple he has been a shadow of his former self.

Could be many factors as to why, but one clear reason is defensemen have figured out how to play him. It took a while, but they did. Griffin can follow that same path. Have to wait and see.

I think Griffin is versatile enough to adapt to what is thrown at him, but it will take 2-3 years before we know for sure.