View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 02:56 PM
JMiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
What both sides seem to fail to take into account, is that their goal is a common one. Hockey on the ice and financially sound. We were lead to believe that the PA and the NHL were "working together" this whole damn time. That there was some kind of partnership between the two sides.

This negotiation shouldn't have been a negotiation to start with. It should have been a collaborative effort to make the game stronger. I've ****ing had it with all the "hurt feelings" BS. Just get it done. Just sit down and get it done. The posturing doesn't do anyone any good. And the media war is frivolous stupidity. Wasted effort attempting to convince us who the good guys and the bad guys are. Hockey fans know by now who to blame: All of you.

It's so easy and so close. I just don't understand.

I'm starting to wonder if the the goal really is to have hockey on the ice and be financially sound. That was the justification for players conceeding last time and here we are again. Forget what they are saying and look at what they are doing- one side locking out the other and refusing to open the door unless they dictate what proposal to start negotiating from. Do owners have anything to give or will they just negotiate about how much they are willing to take?