View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 04:52 PM
thomast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
I didn't mean to come off rude, either. I mean you really know your s.h.i.t., meaning you know very well what you are talking about. So, what's wrong with Tappara's system? I think the team just lacks quality and it shows.

And when I said Barkov will slide, I just think he will slide for reasons stated above. Not that he wasn't as good as people say. There are many names pushing to top5 and it's easy to drop out of it - and it bugs me if he really drops significantly just because he plays on such a high level already and not in juniors. So, I'm afraid he is facing a "big slump".
Tappara starts 99% of their attack with very slow controlled attack. Most of the teams have been playing trap against that. They rarely play through the center because there are no passing lanes. Most obvious result is defenseman throwing the puck from the neutral zone and players have to dig it from the corner. The problem is that opposite team players are most of the time first at the puck because they know the way the tappara opens the attack. We rarely see fast attacks, or semi-fast controlled attacks. When tappara are leading their game turns into very defensive minded which is stupid. They play "no risk" game. There have been so many games where Tappara have been leading then opposite teams come back and past.

So the answer is that Tappara plays too simple. Looks like that Rautakorpi has forced the players to do only slow controlled attacks with defensemen who doesen't have skill to pass only to throw the puck into end boards.