View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 03:53 PM
LotteryForLife*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
How do you know the sight lines are an issue? I was there monday for a concert, sat in the nosebleeds and felt like I was on top of the floor with a great view I haven't experienced in any arena. The arena is intimate and built straight up and narrow.

Capacity will be increased by 500-1K seats by 2015 per Wang/Bettman. That leaves the arena just about 700 seats short of what the Coliseum holds now. Look at Winnipeg. With a 25 year lease, expanding the building might not be out of the question down the road.

The thing about Barclays that people need to realize, is that while the hockey capacity is low the arena is still a money maker via additional revenue. Barclays Center has 104 suites, which is more than nearly any building in the league, outside of the real marquee teams, over 3,000 club seats, and a slew of clubs, restaurants, bars, stores ETC.

So while capacity wise, Barclays center lines up with the smallest arenas in the league, in terms of big money amenities that really drive a franchise, it ranks on the same level as arenas like the ACC, Wells Fargo, TD Garden and post-renovation MSG. So where it really matters in terms of franchise viability, Barclays is absolutely a "big-time" money making arena.

Kudos to 102.
I have heard from several sources that the sight lines for hockey are bad and they are really bad throughout the upper deck. Just saying that they will need to renovate for this to work