View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
I still don't get people saying the players screwed up hiring Fehr. They hired him because they know he won't cower to the owners. Do i agree with it, nope. But the players union thinks that they met in the middle last negotiations and believe they shouldn't back down. So they hired the right guy for them. No one knows whats going to happen, but i can't fault them for hiring a man who will not cower. What shocks me is that the PA is acting like they all got their dick kicked in 3 years ago and all its members were there. How many members now we're involved 8 years ago? this is an honest question.
It's not a "screw up" dude. Not at all. I've said that I understand why they did it, and I do.

But there is the idea that one side has to "win" and the other has to "lose." One side is "right" and the other is "wrong". The only "right" is that BOTH sides either "win" or "lose". The only "wrong" is making the discussion far more contentious than it needs to be. Bettman's a union-buster and Fehr is a hard-ass *****.