View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Frankie Spankie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
One of my friends, who's absolutely awful, will yell his number from the bench everytime our team scores and he usually ends up getting more assists or goals than anyone. We thought it would be better if him and I just switched jerseys, since I've been our top scorer for a few years now lol. So at the end of the year he ends up with 2 ppg and I end up with maybe 1 or 2 assists LOL. But there are guys who definitely go all out to get assists. Seems like every game there's some idiot running over to the ref to make sure he got the assist. I play in a league where guys love to pad their stats. Hell, our first game of the season we were losing 7-2 and in the last few minutes two of our dmen blocked shots and got hurt so I played defense for one shift, ONE SHIFT and had on two separate occasions had guys come down and blast slapshots at my shins. The second time there was 2 seconds left. I got pissed and gave the kid a little shot in the back of the knee after the game. That's ****ing ridiculous.
There's a guy that used to do the the first season we started keeping track of stats but I'm pretty sure he was doing it as a joke. Even from the bench he's yelling at the score keeper after every goal, "Hey!! Make sure to give #5 an assist on that one!"