View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Loffer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Tappara starts 99% of their attack with very slow controlled attack. Most of the teams have been playing trap against that. They rarely play through the center because there are no passing lanes. Most obvious result is defenseman throwing the puck from the neutral zone and players have to dig it from the corner. The problem is that opposite team players are most of the time first at the puck because they know the way the tappara opens the attack. We rarely see fast attacks, or semi-fast controlled attacks. When tappara are leading their game turns into very defensive minded which is stupid. They play "no risk" game. There have been so many games where Tappara have been leading then opposite teams come back and past.

So the answer is that Tappara plays too simple. Looks like that Rautakorpi has forced the players to do only slow controlled attacks with defensemen who doesen't have skill to pass only to throw the puck into end boards.
I am no master of hockey tactics but that sounds a bit strange to me. I have thought that this kind of "keep it simple and stupid" game is more akin to fast pace north american style hockey, where you keep throwing puck into end board etc. And slow contolled game involves more passes between Dmen and so forth. Well, I am no coach. Idk.