Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
14,500 seats?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I said the same thing. How is a team financially viable with 14,500 seats?
See the bolded of OG post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Grey View Post
My family is composed of diehard Islander fans. They were so ecstatic yesterday. I couldn't be happier for them.

As to "moving" a dynasty, that's not how they see it. It's undoubtedly a HUGE step up to go into Brooklyn. Nassau sucks and is dying rapidly.

Besides, now I can see more games. I can take a rail line into Brooklyn, as opposed to driving a car into the middle of friggin' nowhere.

EDIT: And the capacity (supposedly) will be upped by 1,000 for hockey games. So 15,500 seats. Which is better for them. If they start doing well, it creates a demand, manufacturing sellouts and a good atmosphere.

In short, this is great, great news.
Bettman said they could add seats. The rumored number added is anywhere from 500-1200 seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
This.

Even with this new location, they'll still be irrelevant...who cares.

Plus I mean how big of a market will they really have in Brooklyn? My guess is a small small small one.
Brooklyn is huge. Not only do you have our fan base but you'll have a corporate fan base as well. You're also going to bring in fans from the surrounding tri-state area.

In terms of being irrelevant, right now in Nassau we're covered by 1 newspaper, Newsday. Moving to the city we'll be covered by multiple papers, Daily News, The Post, and others.