View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 07:34 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
If the players getting jobs were not the Ovechkin's and Kovalchuk's, I could understand it a bit more. When you have Ovechkin, a multi-millionaire, taking over 5 million away from a team in Russia and taking a spot away from a player who is not close to making that kind of money, it is a little hard to argue that he is doing what you or I would need to do. If the Darche's of the NHL were out there getting jobs to help pay the bills I would be far more sympathetic. However, I keep seeing the Nash, Ovechkin, Pacioretty, etc...types going out and getting paid with the lesser lights not being wanted in other leagues. So, the rich get to take jobs and money away from others who are not rich, and their lesser brethren get to sit at home and lose money they will need for their livelihood. Nice brotherhood there, players. Meh.
No, has nothing to do with being rich. It is the better players getting contracts. Not to mention that it was settled ages ago that almost all european teams had already signed their players before the NHL players came over so you are just making up **** to continue your little tirade against the players.