View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 08:13 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Tikhonov is 5-6-11 +10 in 13 gp centering Tarasenko and Kovalchuk this year. Playing with such talent has to be good for his development, and the fact that he's getting that opportunity speaks to how far he's come already. I'd love to see him earn the 3rd line centre spot whenever the next training camp comes.
I don't know about third line C, but he's at least as good an option as Nick Johnson for the 4th line RW spot. Or at least good enough to challenge Johnson. Both have a decent shot at being 20-30pt NHL players. Tikhonov being the better PKer and more versatile player while Johnson the better forechecker and more physical player. Basically a toss up, IMO.

As a side note, I really have no idea how the organization managed to sour on Tikhonov so quickly. Big head scratcher for me. They went from "We are not leaving the draft without this player" to waiving him, all with only one fairly good NHL rookie season to go off of. I mean, what's the problem? Eight goals and some decent PK ability as a rookie in his first season of professional North American hockey isn't too shabby in my mind. Odd that he didn't get another legit shot. We already burned a first round pick on him, might as well try to make an NHL player out of him. With our track record late in the first, we ought to just trade our picks for actual NHL players. I'd be pretty happy to have Troy Brouwer.

Last edited by rt: 10-25-2012 at 08:19 PM.