Pitkänen - Timonen
Väänänen - Järvinen
Niskala

Filppula - Koivu - Ruutu
Hagman - Granlund - Jokinen
Korpikoski - Lehterä - Bergenheim
Komarov - Lajunen - Joensuu
Leino

All somewhat proven players. Note, I'd like to see Määttä (replacing Niskala) and Armia (replacing Hagman) make it - though it'd technically mean that they'd have to make it straight to NHL come next season. Breaking the WHC roster coming spring and producing there could also help.

Barkov, well, I guess the same words apply to him as to Armia. Either somehow make it to WHC (which could be plausible, I guess, maybe placed on wing as in Granlund's case?) or cross over directly after draft and make it straight to NHL. If neither of those happens, no chance. It'll be the new head coach's first tour of duty, he's almost certain to play conservative there.

However, I still don't see him as 4th line C, especially if he breaks a NHL roster. If he's going to threaten anything, it's Lehterä's slot.

Of course, we'll be far wiser after next spring's WHC. After all, there's a high chance Jalonen picks yet again some off-chance guy who ends up doing well for himself. In 2011 it was Jani Lajunen, 2012 Joonas Järvinen. (I bet if I'd claimed around Xmas a couple of years back that those two are Sochi contenders, most of you would have asked to sample the stuff I'm smoking.) 2013, hmm... I can't help thinking we're still a bit short on reliable D-men, especially the puck-moving variety. Perhaps someone like Teemu Eronen, who seems to have taken some neat strides playing next to Världens Bästa Karlsson? I also see that Ilkka Heikkinen is making a name for himself in Switzerland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espo View Post
What new playing style would that be?
Come back and ask us again when we know who the coach is going to be.