View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiabluejacket View Post
I'm with you on this one. There's just something about Jones that tells me he's gonna be another Bouwmeester. Good, but not nearly as good as was advertised.

Find it interesting that you have MacKinnon that much higher than ther others. Been hearing Barkov could take over Mac for #1 depending on the WJC's, which I'm REALLY looking forward to watching this year. Just hope NHL network shows more than just the U.S. games so I can see players like Barkov, Lindholm, & Nichushkin more than horribly edited youtube videos. Of course Jenner, Murray, & potentially Johansen wouldn't be to shabby to watch either.

If we do somehow end up with Mackinnon, be nice to add Drouin as well as they'd form a nice duo from the get go.
I wouldn't go as far as Bouwmeester, as his career really seems to have gotten off track in the last couple of years. I think Seth is certainly a potential franchise guy, but I see him being more of a second pairing, shutdown type of guy. I'm skeptical of his offensive game transferring to the next level.

Unfortunately, Ryan Johansen is officially a 20 year old, and thus ineligible to compete at the WJCs. With that in mind, I think Nathan MacKinnon has the skillset to use that tournament to his advantage and separate himself from the pack. I believe he's that good, and makes the guys around him better because of it. Playing alongside players who are also hugely talented (imagine him with Mark Scheifele!) is going to prove to the world how good he is.