View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
Karlsson is NOT vastly superior offensively. He plays in a different conference and a different role on his team. As I mentioned in a previous thread, he would be eaten alive playing in the Western Conference against bigger stronger players like Getzlaf, Thornton, Kopitar, Benn, Backes etc.

Question for any Sens fans... What type of numbers do you think Karlsson would put up in a Ken Hitchcock system? or a Terry Murray/Sutter system? What kind of numbers do you think Pavel Datsyuk would put up if he was basically told: "don't worry about defense, or winning- just go score!"?
It's halarius that you think offensively oriented player care less about winning then defensive players.

I would hope that if the Canucks got Karlsson we would reshape our offense to maximize his strengths. Teams like St Louis take the defense-first approach because it plays on their strengths. I think there was a poll not to long ago about systems and players and IMO a good coach will determine the strengths of his players and create a system around it.

Also, Karlsson is not a defensive liability, don't know why that is the popular stereotype of him.

Linden is offline   Reply With Quote