Old
10-25-2012, 10:02 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Consistently producing , love it.

Dale Hawerchuk was on the Rona Roundtable this week and he mentioned he was talking to some OHL guys ( coaches , gm's etc. I would think ) and the consensus was that a lot of guys were not pushing it the same way as they had . Kind of no NHL opportunity malaise as it were. He was quick to point out that wasn't the case with Scheifele as he always works hard. He also mentioned on his strength and skating as improvements and those would continue to improve in his estimation.

Kevin Cheveldayoff is seeing Jacob Trouba this weekend, let's see if the prospects playing very well for the boss continues , kind of think it will.
Yea I heard part of the interview as well and Dale was pretty happy with Mark's progress in skating. The interviewer was asking Dale about Mark's new found physical edge (in the Canada Russia series) and Dale said something to the degree that Mark use to arrive second to the puck allot but due to his speed getting better he often arrives first now and that changes everything and opens up allot of options. I am not sure exactly how that translated to the question of him hitting more but it was good to here. when i have heard Dale interviewed on the radio (probably 6 times since mark's draft day) he has always been really balanced on his praise and critisizem of Mark's day on day game. Last year in the 2nd half of the season before the playoffs when Mark hit a wall Dale called it like he saw it.....at the time he said exactly that and also that Mark had gotten allot better in his overall game but he was not consistant enough game in and game out at that time to move to the next level. However the one thing he has been unwaivering on in every interview i have heard is that Mark has all the tools and most importantly the attitude and work ethic and HE WILL BE a very good pro.