View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
Karlsson and Pietro will both have better careers than Doughty. Right now, Doughty is obviously going to get a lot of votes. Ask this is a couple years and I think it will be:

Pietro
Karlsson
Doughty
Both will have better careers than Doughty? ye its not like Doughty is the same age as them and already has a cup and Olympic gold under his belt

Doughty gets a lot of the votes because last year he faced tougher competition than the other 2, had better advanced stats than the other 2 even with the tougher competition, while starting over half of his shifts in the defensive zone. Something which was huge in the Kings winning the cup

The main reason why he only scored 36 points is because the Kings had a hilariously low shooting % when he was on the ice (6.2%) and he had a equally laughably low PDO of 986. I.E. Goalies went godmode when Doughty was on the ice

The Blues shot a hilariously low 6.8% with Pie on the ice making his 50 points super super super impressive. Especially when considering he also faced top competition and a lot of defensive zone starts

It helps Karlsson's point totals when he has a PDO of 1013 but he is still an exceptional talent. People can knock him for bad defence all they want, but a forward who can put up 70 points with bad defence is a very good player. So a defenceman putting up those numbers is even more impressive

Pie
Doughty/Karlsson

for me

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote