Thread: Prospect Info: Leafs Morgan Rielly discussion.
View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by delled View Post
Now I'll be the first to admit that this fan base is in dire need of positive news, and Riley and Gardiner's potential is definitely giving me that fix. Here's what I'm wondering though. Assuming both players live up to our expectations...when or which team in the NHL has had two pedigree Offensive defensemen of such calibre?

I'm inclined to think that it's a rare occurence because it's difficult for a team to afford 2 types of such defencemen. Can you imagine L.A. or Ottawa having two Doughtys or Karlsons? Or would you say Riley is on a different level than Gardiner? Thoughts? My logic would say if both these players were to reach our expectations, one of them would be dealt for a position that we're lacking ie. Centre
That very well could happen. But until we find out which is better and both are playing solidly in the NHL it is likely neither will be moved. So we are looking at probably 2+ years down the road. We do also have Liles and Phaneuf so we really do have too many more offensive oriented guys. Have to wait and see which ones are the keepers.