View Single Post
Old
10-25-2012, 11:46 PM
BwayBshirt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I'm sorry, but when you can walk up to a window for a game 7 in a playoff series or a Stanley Cup game and BUY A TICKET, you are not doing well.

And for the record, he was talking about when the Devils first moved to the area in the 80's.

The thought and expectation was that in 20 years, they would have this HUGE fan base.

When you cannot sellout PO and SCF games, you do NOT have a massive fan base.

Its not possible.
I never said that they had a massive fanbase.

And didn't I just say that their move from the Meadowlands to Newark was better?

That's fine & dandy that the original plan for the Debbies when they first moved into the area didn't work out. But now they rightly rectified it a lot by going to Newark.

I see the same thing happening for the Isles. Their situation in Nassau didn't have great legs to stand on unless Wang got his plan A off the ground: which was to not just build a new arena there but to have have a real estate development similar to what Flatbush is getting(albeit a way more scaled-down version than Ratner wanted...and far from what Wang would have continued to demand in Nassau himself).

And it's definitely inarguable now that the Debbies do well for themselves considering the demographics of their current situation. The Isles demographics will be far, far more favorable when they move in. I don't think they will have much problem establishing a strong, sizeable fanbase as long as they are competitive going in.